Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Response to: Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome


The film has a vast array beautiful of images warm colors alongside strange images of thought evoking circumstances ( ie. the man eating jewelry) . The use of devilish or evil masks gives me a feeling of people trying to hide behind something and not being who they appear. The juxtapositions of the different characters superimposed on screen along with the music put me in a dreamlike state of mind. I feel like these characters might represent gluttony, lechery and the bourgeois. I tried to focus on the ritual structure you spoke of in class with Anger's formula of: Preparation, Build of Energy, and Destruction. Overall I enjoyed the film, and after viewing I can definitely see why it's called a "trance film".

No comments:

Post a Comment